This Blog is dedicated to the Lord Jesus Christ. Its Purpose is to Promote Evangelism and free grace theology.

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Street Evangelism

This is another post that will be on going.  That is to say when ever i go out on the streets to witness i will wright about it under the heading of Street Evangelism.

Yesterday i went out to the big city of Rutland, actually its kinda small but its big for a city in Vermont.  I was not out for very long.  It was mid morning and it was getting hot.  I had decided to give out Gospels of John.  I used my standard approach of "hi may I give you a Gospel of John".  I like doing it this way I used to give out Million dollar bill tracts.  However after a while i didn't like it because people would take them , not knowing what they were, and i felt as if i was tricking them, which I was.  The way I do it now, being up front, is much more honest.  People now exactly what I'm giving them.  Please understand I'm not saying that all tracts are bad.  I have tracts when i set up my booth at different venues.  The approach i use with them is I ask the question can i give you something to think about? I tell them its a gospel tract if they want it.  A lot of times i just say, when a person asks what it is, "it teaches how you can have eternal life in Christ Jesus."  In any event, I had my Gospels of John and it was going well.  I stand at a busy intersection and wait for people to pass by,  Its a very good location.  I meet a lot of interesting people and this day was going to be good.  I met two woman one id say in her late 20's and her companion I would say was in her mid 70's.  After giving the books I shared the Gospel with them.  The older woman was interested in receiving Christ which she did, praise God!  After they left a man about 30 came along.  He turned out to be a fellow Christian I told him about the woman who received Christ and i asked him to pray so we did right there on the sidewalk.  i don't know if we drew attention to ourselves but it was a good time of fellowship.  It was a awesome day.

No comments:

Post a Comment