This Blog is dedicated to the Lord Jesus Christ. Its Purpose is to Promote Evangelism and free grace theology.

Friday, July 6, 2012

Street Evangelism: The Heathen


I’ve been going out on the streets for a number of years and have met all kinds of people . I’ve met religious people , Catholics, Baptists, Pentecostals, Atheists, Cult members, nice people, rude people. Most people seem to believe if their good outweighs their bad they make it to heaven. Some believe the gospel that it is simply faith and faith alone in Christ Jesus that will give them eternal life, and it’s always good to meet a fellow Christian.

However, the other day I met a Heathen, totally new, first time ever for me. He came walking up to the intersection where I stood giving out the Gospel of John. I asked him, “Would you like a Gospel of John?”
“No, I believe in the ancient Gods who where there way before your man in the desert came along.” He pushed the button on the light pole to cross traffic I didn’t have much time.
“Are you a Pagan ?” I asked.”
“No, actually I’m a heathen. “ Oden is my God.”
He continued with a short history of the Christians not wanting to trade with us , the Heathen. The crossing light turned color and he was gone , and I never got a chance for rebuttal. Of course, I went over all of the things I could have said, like “Were are you going when you die?” or “Christianity was from the beginning, haven't you read Genesis?” That sort of thing. I need to do some research into the heathen religion so I have a little bit of reference. Well, until next time, God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment